Thursday, November 9, 2017

November 9, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Appointments.

I have learned that one appointment with a doctor always leads to another appointment.   By now I should be ready but I am not.  This week is a perfect example.  My expectation was that my three appointments were check ups and I would be finished.  But not so quick.  I have an additional appointment with the Oncologist to check my blood levels. after I have been on Ibrance for two weeks.  And today, a routine check with the eye surgeon had led me to meet him again in a week.

My right high showed high pressures so he cut two stitches from the surgery, plus give me a needle in the eye socket.  Now I must return in a week to check my pressures again.   The eye surgeon has changed his practice and now is affiliated with a large group on N.State Street near Baptist Hospital.  I like him so followed to his new office.  But it is hike to get there so although I appreciate his expertise, I do not really want to visit him so often.

The same has been true for Ken.  At the Dermatologist last week she took 4 biopsies.  Two are malignant so Ken must make an appointment with a surgeon.  In turn he will require Ken to return at least twice after the surgery.  The appointments are never ending apparently.   But what can you do?  We just grin and bear it and are actually grateful for the care we receive from these good doctors.   If we had our druthers, we would enjoy ourselves at home in stead of attending our unending string of appointments.  Amazing really.

No comments: