Saturday, November 4, 2017

November 4, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. The Mails. The Freezer.

Never put anything in the freezer without printing on the outside describing the contents.   Just this minute I removed from the freezer a heavy plastic box.  The top was frozen and was difficult to get open.  I could not imagine what was in that heavy box.  I had not even noticed the box until now because it had been on the bottom of the freezer.  No words were on the top.  Finally, I was able to open the box and remembered what it was:  Cookies in small packages.  Ken ordered two big boxes of cookies, normally put into vending machines.  We ate a package on a regular basis and when we left I put the extra packages into a plastic box and put them in the bottom of the freezer.   And I forgot all about it.  Also on the bottom of the freezer are several plastic bags full of food without labels.  I have no clue what is in those bags.  In order to find out, I must thaw them.   I should know better.

The mail is still covering our bar area.  It is the last of our mail to receive attention.  First I threw out all the advertising materials, which took me a long time.   Ken sorted the important mail and moved the letters that needed attention and took them downstairs to his office.  My magazines are stacked beside my reading chair.  But there is still two layers of mail covering the counter of the bar.   I am waiting for Ken to do something with the mail, but if he does not, I think I will merely make one big pile.  Of course I might also read each letter to decide what to do with it.  We have been away since late in May so the mails pile up.  Christina opens our mail and tells us if anything needs attention immediately but we still review the other stuff.   My deadline is Sunday evening.  I hate looking at the house as if we have just returned with mail covering the counter.   By Sunday night, all the mail will be put away and everything in the freezer will be known to me.  Only then will I able to enjoy this house.  No doubt about it.  I am a tad compulsive.

No comments: