Wednesday, November 22, 2017

November 22, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Feeling Good.

Why do we feel good when our favorite teams win?  It makes no real sense.  Our income is not affected nor is our health, but for some reason,  I always feel good when my teams win.  In DC, the elevator conversation the morning after a Redskins loss was gloomy,  The whole town was covered with a wet blanket.   But when they won, the town was elated.

Little things often make me feel good.  When I shake out the amount of tablets into my hand to be placed into my pill box which turns out to be the right number, I am elated.  Silly but true.  Once a week, the small convenience store sold good rye bread.  The store was run by an older handicapped lady, and was located directly across from our apartment over the hardware store.  After I returned from school, every Wednesday I stopped to buy a loaf of their good bread.  I was disappointed if they had sold out and elated when I walked up the stairs with the bread.  Silly but true.  In truth, it did not matter a bit to me if we ate that bread.

Today we ate lunch with Christina and the girls.  They indulge us by going out for lunch with us.  We were celebrating the start of the festive season.  And we ate at an excellent Italian restaurant.  We enjoyed our lunch and felt good about it.  I thing our family felt the same.  Simple things make me feel good.

My observation over my life is that the little things in life bring great pleasure and make me feel good.  For instance, the Nashville Predators have won 7 of their last 8 games.  It makes no real difference in my life, but it makes me feel good.   Interesting.

No comments: