Sunday, November 19, 2017

November 19, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Christmas Spirit.

Our outside lights are shining brightly, which has put me in the Christmas Spirit.   I read through the cards from Christmas 2016 and enjoyed them thoroughly.  But I still wish folks would say their full name.  I have several "Sue and Bill", and several names I can not read due to poor writing.  Eventually, I figured them all out and checked off my list.  My observation is that many people have stopped sending Christmas cards, which I think is a shame.  I do receive many electronic cards, which I enjoy too but the best is rereading last years cards.  Now my question is...why don't those old friends send cards?  Are they lazy or cheap, and do they not wish to say hello to me once a year?  

In addition, I am beginning to put out decorations.   The limited number of boxes are on the dining room table, ready to be placed around the house.  All the rest of my decorations were distributed between the two families but I have a few that I used in the condo.  The good thing about owning just a few decorations is that it takes 30 minutes to put ALL the decorations out.  Molly is having her birthday dinner here on Friday so I want to surprise her.

My Christmas cards for 2017 are out and ready to be written.  I remember many years when my cards went out in the new year, but I have plenty of time now so I am getting organized.  First I stick on the return address label.  Next I sign the cards and address the envelopes.  Finally I write a note to everyone.  I am getting geared up, ready to start.  The Christmas Spirit has descended.

No comments: