Wednesday, November 29, 2017

November 29, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. PBS.

I love the PBS specials.   They show them during the two weeks of fundraising, which I hate.  But I do enjoy some of the specials.   For two Mondays,  I have missed Antiques Roadshow because the stations were raising money.   But I was able to watch the Three Texas Tenors.  In fact I got to watch them more than once.  They are great.  There is a whole world of entertainment that I know nothing about so I enjoy the peek into another world.  The tenors are excellent.  I loved the show.

Holiday Inn was also shown.  I did not know that a revival had been done on Broadway recently and lasted quite a awhile.  That show was an old Irving Berlin show, famous for the Christmas song, "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas".   The film of the new edition was terrific, full of dancing and singing.There was supposed to be a Frank Sinatra special but it got bumped for yet another Three Tenors.  Same show just repeated.  I guess the fund raising must have gone well when the tenors are singing.

David Foster and Friends was also just super.  I watched through the whole show.  I must admit that I switch to the hockey game when the spiel for raising money comes on but I know how long they take before switching from hockey to the show.    But these past two weeks I have enjoyed listening to new voices.  Hats off to PBS and their specials.

No comments: