Tuesday, November 7, 2017

November 7, 2017. Madison, Mississippi. Ibrance.

Here we go again.  My scans came back with  cancer spots on my bones so I am once again beginning a series of Ibrance.    It worked before so one could expect it will again.  The spots are small but definitely seen in the scans, which I had yesterday.    After the scans I had a conversation with the technician, the same young man who took the scans in the past.  My question to him was, "How many times are we going to meet like this?"  He laughed and said, "probably many."  and we both laughed.  In my mind, I was thinking that I could talk Dr. Sheehan into just one scan a year, but now that I have more cancer in the bones, I am sure I will see that young man again.

The issue with Ibrance is the impact on blood cells.  It was not until I stopped Ibrance that my blood counts went up, so now I must, once again,  limit my time in public.  But we do not go out much anyway.   My routine will be drawing blood regularly and to have more frequent scans.  Already I must see the Oncologist in two weeks to check my blood counts.  And just before we go to Mexico I must have a scan.  And tonight I begin Ibrance, my old friend.

My observation of the doctors and nurses is that they expect the cancer to come back, which is why they insist on scans regularly.  Just last week I was discussing it with Christina.  The doctors were right.  And here we go again.  Now that I have down that path before, I feel sure life will be easier.  I am counting on it.

No comments: