Saturday, August 11, 2018

August 11, 2018. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Hot Tubs.

Our hot tub at our ocean house is sold. This afternoon Ken and I sat on the deck on a beautiful day while the hot tub was being drained prior to moving it out. I want it gone even though I have always loved our hot tubs. Our location is especially beautiful as we overlook the ocean. And no lights can be seen anywhere so the stars on a clear night are magnificent. But we are both fearful of falling getting in and out so I want the hot tub removed. Now that the tub is drained we have no worries. Often we were tempted to have a hot tub in the evening, which was our habit but we restrained ourselves and stayed in our bedroom. Ken and I have owned a hot tub for 40 years. Our first one was purchased at a charity auction in DC for the princely sum of $1,000, which included installation. We had a hot tub at the farm and also the lake house in Texas. And one of the first things we did when we purchased our Nova Scotia home was to buy a hot tub. At one time we had 4 tubs to maintain. Now we have none. Time has marched along. We both would love to have a hot tub. Our legs would feel good. But getting in and out is too dangerous. Our hot tub is sold. The purchaser gave me cash. Now he just needs to move it. We must keep our minds focused on the fact that we have not fallen. And we recall with pleasure all the times we enjoyed luxuriating looking at the night skies. Fortunately I have vivid picture in my mind. We have enjoyed our hot tubs. But we are moving on.

No comments: