Saturday, August 25, 2018

August 25, 2018. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Sense of Humor.

The older we get, the more we need a sense of humor, especially when ill. All modestly disappears and your sense of humor saves the day. For Ken, today was a perfect example. We were sitting outside. Ken was chilly so went into the garage to pull on a pair of warm long pants, which were lined with flannel. He had been wearing light shorts but a warm jacket. After we sat for a bit, he decided to do his exercises. I went to watch the golf. After twenty minutes, I heard him call my name. But his voice was muffled so I came quickly. I found him standing at the door coming into the garage, giggling like a child. The front wheel of his walker was in the garage but he was unable to step into the garage. He was stuck and found it funny. I could not get to the deck to help, so I went into the house to come out the door from the dining room. I still could not find anything funny but I knew he was stuck. What had happened was funny. As Ken lifted the front wheels of the walker over the threshold into the garage his pants fell down and were down around his ankles. For several minutes he had tried to free his feet but eventually called for help. He thought it was funny and so did I. He could not move forward or back because his feet were tangled in the warm pants. He looked ridiculous. Finally I freed his feet so he was able to continue into the garage laughing all the way. Fortunately, I was close by. The moral of the story is that Ken does well with his sense of humor and a good wife. Both essential to his well being.

1 comment:

Joe Rubin said...

"His sense of humor and a good wife." Truer words never spoken. Stacey and I thank you both for your hospitality. You are an inspiration and a treasure. Much love.