Thursday, August 16, 2018

August 16, 2018. Western Head, Nova Scotia. So Nice.

The evening was beautiful. Andy, Ken and I were sitting on the deck enjoying the warm air. The water was calm but waves although small could be heard. And the gulls were screaming. Sarah was at the Guest House. I was drinking my orange drink, Andy was drinking tonic water on ice and Ken was sipping on his jug of juice. The scene was serene. At 7:20, I stood to go in to turn on the oven. Andy told me to just relax because he had turned on the oven. When he went to get his drink, he read the directions for dinner. Without saying a word, he had taken over the kitchen. Soon he put the dishes of food in the oven and at 7:40 he asked me to call Sarah to say dinner was ready. So we went in to organize but it was all done. The hot food was on the stove top and the plates were ready. Sarah and I served the plates. We ate well: spare ribs, potatoes and yellow beans. Chocolate cake for dessert. Without lifting my finger, the dinner was prepared. Andy had come in and taken over the kitchen without saying a word. What a good fellow. So nice for the hostess. For many reasons, Ken and I are delighted that Sarah and Andy are here with us in Nova Scotia.

No comments: