Friday, August 24, 2018

August 24, 2018. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Arrowroot Biscuits.

I have returned to my childhood. Every night before I go to bed, I eat four Arrowroot Biscuits. My brother Dave got me started. The chemotherapy Ibrance must be taken last thing at night and must be taken with food. I have never eaten before going to bed so this was difficult for me. I tried yogurt and I tried bread. And I tried fruit. But I began to have indigestion when going to sleep. In Mexico I started eating plain crackers which seemed to agree with me. In fact, every night before going to bed, Rita would give me four dry crackers, another of her kindnesses showed to me by her. When we were in Mississippi, I followed the same pattern of eating crackers with Ibrance. Dave and Irene bought a box of Arrowroot Biscuits. They are low on salt so Dave with his restricted salt diet enjoyed munching on them. The first night we were here, I ate stale crackers but the next night I noticed the box of Arrowroot Biscuits in the pantry and took four up with me to bed. I enjoyed them and in fact laughed every time I ate them. Irene had complained about the size of the box so the next time they shopped they bought a big box at Sobey's, the other grocery store. It contained twelve packages of biscuits. I take a whole package upstair with me which lasts me six days. Poor Dave never did eat any of their biscuits. I took over the box. I suspect that babies are not eating Arrowroot biscuits anymore. Chunks break off in their mouth which could choke them. But I crunch away on my biscuits every night. They taste good and they cause no indigestion. I think I have enough until we leave, thanks to the generosity of Dave and Irene. I have read that the older we get, the more we return to our childhood. For me that is certainly true. I eat four Arrowroot Biscuits every night at bedtime. And I like it.

No comments: