Thursday, February 11, 2021

February 11, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Ten Weeks.

I thought I would be bored here in Mexico for ten weeks all by myself. And with no family or friends visiting me I thought I would be lonely. But much to my great surprise, I am neither bored nor lonely. In four weeks from today, I will be on a plane flying back to my home in Jackson, Mississippi. Marlin has made my life easy. She has ordered my groceries from Walmart. Today was the third time that the groceries have been delivered to my condo. I give her my list on Wednesday and on Thursday the groceries are delivered. When I put everything away I laughed out loud because she went beyond my list and added a few things that she figured I needed to have in order to eat a balanced diet. I have been eating rotissie chicken. Each time I order two, one to freeze and one to eat. One chicken lasts about a week. But today I received one chicken. In addition I found a large thin piece of beef steak plus three pieces of chicken breast all of which I must cook. And she sent me 6 avacados and one package of tortillas. I guess she decided I needed a bit of change in my eating patterns. Also I have four loaves of bread when I had two on my list. Of course I pay for everything I receive and I do not really know who put the additional items in my order. The people who make up the order may have decided to add to my order. But no matter. I did laugh out loud. I will say nothing to Marlin. I am hoping that this will be my last order. With only four weeks left, I must keep eating out of my fridge. If I run out of food I will eat at the beach restaurnt. My visit here at Playa Royale has gone by quickly. I am surprised that I stayed happy.

No comments: