Friday, February 26, 2021

February 26, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Alone.

When Ken died, I commented to friend Butch on the phone that I needed to learn how to live by myself. He said,"I belive you will find some things that living alone has benefits." So I have been trying to find what those benefits might be. Here in Mexico, as I am really alone, I have had time to ponder the question. I have figured out a few things. I control the clicker to change the television. Of course, the chnnels are limited but I can still switch away at any time. With no one living in the condo with me, I use all bathrooms throughout the day. During the day, I use the two guest room bathrooms and at night I use my own in the master bedroom bathroom. I have a little game to use about the same toilet paper in each bathroom. It is a bit of a game for me. I use the washing machine as a dirty laundry basket. I am the only one using the washing machine so I just throw my dirty clothes into the machine when my clothes are dirty. Every few days I turn on the machine. The system is very effecient and saves me picking up the dirty laundry off the floor and carrying it to the machine. I eat my meals any time I feel like eating. Many times I eat dinner at 8:30. No guest will wait until that time to eat dinner. I eat breakfast slowly and read all morning. Sometimes I am not finished until noon so my lunch if often not eaten until 2 or 2:30. My meals are odd. Living by myself works fine but it would never work with friends or relatives living here. I have eated soup for four days in a row for lunch. And those are the only things I could think of that make living alone a positive. And you can see it was a stretch. My list of the blessings of guests here are limitless. I am just making a difficult situation more beareable when I list the benefits of being alone. The best thing is that I managed to live totally alone and was happy. Amazing really.

No comments: