Sunday, February 14, 2021

February 14, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Tea.

My father taught me to drink tea. When I was very little, I would sit on his knee and ask for some of his tea. He would pour a bit of his tea in the saucer and add milk to cool it down. Then I would drink from the saucer. I did it often. And I learned to drink tea with quite a bit of milk, and still do. I do drink coffee in the morning but often I drink tea. When I was getting my caustic infusion of chemotherapy, tea was the only thing I could drink. Now that I have pods of tea for the one cup dispenser, I almost always drink tea in Mississippi and Nova Scotia. And of course, always with milk. But when I am out, I drink coffee. We left coffee from last year here so I was using up the old coffee. We also had plenty of tea, which I am now using now that I have run out of coffee from last winter. I have several options for making tea here in Mexico, none very good. I have no tea pot, neither do I have an electric tea kettle. I have been going through several methods to make tea. At first I used the microwave to boil the water but it takes too long. I ended up drinking my tea warm and weak. Next I used the coffee pot by pouring the water through the machine while keeping the ta bag in the cup. The problem is the coffee taste remains in the pot which I do not like. Today I used the little pot to boil a small amount of water and put in the tea bag afer the water boils. That system worked so I will repeat the process tomorrow. Today my tea was strong enough and hot. In addition I sorted the three plastic bags of tea so now all the real tea with cafeen is in one bag and the herbal teas in another. No fumbling for me. Tomorrow the cleaning lady will come tomorrow and will leave me a package of coffee which I will probably save for nex year. I have moved on to drinking tea for breakfast now that my system is in place. So tea with milk for me, just as my fathe taught me.

No comments: