Wednesday, February 24, 2021

February 24, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Count Down.

I play this little game every time I leave a house. Two weeks from tomorrow, I fly back to Mississippi. My task is to leave no food in the fridge and pantry when I leave. This time, if I run out of food I will eat at the beach restaurant but I should get pretty close. This is a task I have assigned myself. Ken and I were always leaving from a place so I have history on my side. The diffeence is that when leaving Nova Scotia, I could always put leftover food into the freezer but here in Mexico that is not an option. As I only own 10 weeks of this condo, someone else will be moving in, so the condo must be empty. I have fun trying to get rid of all my food before I depart. I hate to throw away food. Right now in the fridge I have one whole cooked chicken, one full large container of yoghurt, half a romain lettuce, a large piece of cheddar cheese, 2 cucumbers, 3 tomatoes, a small amount of mayonaise, half a cut up papaya and one and a half loaves of bread. In the pantry I have 4 packages of dry soup, a small amount of peanut butter and two small bottles of salad dressing. Oh yes, I have half a quart of milk and one can of beer, left over from my visit to happy hour. So I will have fun, eating my small amount of food and running out just as I leave. With any luck, I will run out of food the day before I leave. So here I go.

No comments: