Tuesday, February 2, 2021

February 2, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Agatha Christie.

I have been reading Agatha Christie all my life but I knew almost nothing about her, except I knew she was English. And I knew she wrote hundreds of books and was famous. PBS a few weeks ago showed two programs on her. The first was a biography and the second a few days later a program they called Agatha Christies England. Unfortunately I missed the biggining parts of both but what I did see I enjoyed. But I still do not know how this proper English lady wrote all these murders about blood and gore. They discuss this in the biography show but it still makes no sense. There was lots more going on inside the lady than ever showed on the outside. The second show was intereting to me because they showed pictures of all the houses she had lived. And they showed the customs that she used throughout her life that all show up in her writings. It makes sense but when you see it in the pictures and then you hear the words in the books everything comes alive. I would like to see both shows again as I missed part of both but I enjoyed them both. But perhaps because I am interested in real estate, I enjoyed that second show the best. I loved seeing all those old houses. Now I must watch for the shows when they appear again. But I will probably not read any more Agatha Christie books or short stories. Enough is enough. But she was a wonder for sure.

No comments: