Wednesday, February 3, 2021

February 3, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Pizza.

I have been eating the same food for weeks. When it came time to think about dinner, nothing in my fridge seemed appealing. Saturday night was the evening when I decided I needed a treat. I went through all my options and finally decided that I would enjoy a pizza. I love pizza. Several times in Mississippi I brought home a pizza when I had eaten lunch at Amerigo, the Italian restaurant. I even eat pizza for breakfast. A pizza lasts me several meals. I called the front desk at Playa and the young man was pleased to place an order for me. I asked for thin crust pizza with everything on it. Meat, vegetables, olives. I was pleased. I was even more pleased when the pizza arrived 40 minutes later, deliveed right to my door. The system is for the delivery man to arrive and stop at the front desk. The young man called me to say that the deliverery man had arrived. All I needed to do was to pay the 305 pesos to the delivery man and say thank you, which I did, along with a tip for the driver. I sat down and immediately ate my dinner. It was delicious. The crust was very thin and was coveed with lots of everything. I had pepporoni, sausage, onions, olives, totatoes. Just perfect. The interesting part was the taste, which was just different then I would eat at home. The pizza was a treat for me. Next I went down to the front desk to give the nice young man a tip, which he appreciated. Today I finished the pizza. I had eaten it for four meals and enjoyed it every time. I eat pizza cold which makes life easy for me. Even old ladies need a treat every so often and Saturday night was my night. Gold star for me and for the young man who ordered my pizza. I loved every bite.

No comments: