Monday, February 22, 2021

February 22, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Peanut & Jam.

Before I arrived, Marlin offered to buy groceries for me just to allow me to function without going to the restaurant immediately. I gave her a short list, at her suggestion. When I arrived, sure enough, food was in the fridge and on the counter. But she must have forotten to take my list with her becuse I had no cheese or yoghurt. And she had left me strawberry jam, which I do not eat. I just left it on the counter, trying to figure out what to do with it. So I did nothing. One evening I was not keen to prepare a supper. I had eaten a full meal at lunch so did not really need anything big so I spotted the jam and decided I would make myself a peanut butter and jam sandwich. Along with papaya for dessert, I would be happy. I made the sandwich with lots of peanut butter spread right to the edge of the multigrain bread along with ample amount of jam. And I enjoyed myself while watching a hockey game. I had not eaten a peanut butter and jam sandwich for years. No wonder the kids love them. Ken's cousin, Ian, often makes himself peanut butter and jam on his breakfast toast. Whenever I watch him I try to correct him. He never puts the peanut butter and jam right to the edges of the toast. He just laughs at me. I tell him that as he is an engineer he should be doing the tasks carefully and cover the whole piece of toast with both the peanut butter and jam. He thinks I am way too compusive. Now I have eaten four peanut butter and jam sandiches and I have finished the little jar of jam. I enjoyed every one but it might be a while before I eat another. I have no jam in Mississippi.

No comments: