Thursday, February 4, 2021

February 4, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Cruise, 2021.

The Canadian government is on a roll. Last week they cancelled all flights in and out of Mexico and Canada. Today they calcelled all cruise ships in 2021 from entering Canadian ports. And the Nova Scotia authorities have canceloed the ferry to Yarmouth from Bar Harbour, Maine. Whew. Quite a list. My plans have been impacted. In 2020 I was booked on a cruise on the Pearl Sea Cruise line. My trip began in Portland, Maine and travelled in the Maritime provinces and up the St. Lawrence River ending up in Toronto. Then I was to stay on the ship and cruise the Great Lakes, stopping in Parry Sound, Ken's home town and ending up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where I was to fly to Halifax for the summer. But just a month before the date to leave, the whole thing was cancelled. I cheerfully booked the same cruise for 2021 and I went to Texas in May. Now I just received information from Walt tht all cruises are cancelled for 2021, to resume in 2022. Now I must make a decision. When I booked the cruise I was to be 82. This year I would have been 83. And next year I would be 84. Am I going to be up to a long cruise in 2022? That is the question. I am not aware that I deteriorate every year. I am still walking and talking, both at the same time. The cruise line will ask me so I must figure it out. But for sure, this year I will go to Texas in mid May, then fly to Nova Scotia from San Antonio. I am pleased to be able to see the new house with everything in place and looking spiffy. So good things happen in every situation. But this year, once again, I will not be taking those cruises in 2021.

No comments: