Saturday, February 6, 2021

February 6, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Simple Pleasure.

Walking on the balcony in the evening brings me a simple pleasure. The lights are good so I have no problem seeing where I am going even thought it is dark. And the weather is cooler in the evening so I stay comfortable when walking. Walking in the morning is my least favorite time of the day due to the sun shining on the balcony. So I am more comfortable in the evening. And I like the night sounds. I can hear people chatting as they walk out for dinner. And I even enjoy the sounds of the cars and buses as they head down the main road. I play that game to try to figure out if the noise is a bus, a truck or a car. And of course, in the distance I can see lots of lights. The sight is lovely. But what brings me most pleasure is the live music coming from The Riviera Grill, the closest reaturant to me across the street. My building curves areoun and as I make the curve I can hear the music. And I smile. One lady sings twice a week. She has a beautiful voice, that I can hear easily from my balcony. Last year I was invited by my neighbors to have dinner in that restaurant. The lady started singing when we were almost finished our dinner. She was wonderful. Now I hear her when I walk on the balcony. A Mexican group plays twice a week too and I enjoy them too because I can hear them esily. But another man who sings and plays his guitar sings so quietly that I can not hear him well. I feel like calling them to tell him to put up his volume. Certainly, it is worth walking on the balcony for me to listen to the music. I will walk a couple of extra laps just to continue to listen. And it does not cost me a penny. It is a simple plesure for sure.

No comments: