Saturday, December 11, 2021

December 11, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. My Shower.

I love showers. I was not brought up with showers. We had one bathtub in our house. When I was swimming at pools, I always took very long showers growing up. In fact, my friend Joyce and I swam every week at the swimming pool of the residence for single women the WCTU, we spent so much time in the hot shower that the little old lady in charge would come and admonish us to get out of the shower. I did love those showers. Now of course, I have been showering for many years but I still appreciate showering. Most especially I like the shower I use at my Mississippi home. When we first moved in, the shower was terrible. The water pressure was weak and there were no hand holds. The plumber fixed the pressure and Chantes our handyman installed the bars for holding on. Ken kept insisting yet another bar to hold on. Now it is perfect for me. One bar is outside the shower so I can hold on while getting in. All four sides of the shower have a bar to grab. So whereever I am facing, there is a bar for me to grab. It is perfect. This Mississippi shower is my best shower so I will miss it when I am gone. Not having bars to grab becomes increasingly important. The Mexican shower has no hand holds at all so I just use the wall to steady myself. But here in my Mississippi home, my shower is perfect, thanks to Ken, who kept adding more and more bars. I appreciate every one.

No comments: