Sunday, December 12, 2021

December 12, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Our Christmas Party.

For almost all our married life, Ken and I hosted a party closest to my birthday. So in some ways, it was my own birthday party, but in other ways, it was the start of the Christmas season. For years, we hired the Wheaton Ice Rink, and invited our friends and their children to skate and drink hot chocolate and eat donuts. Then our closest friends came back to our house for soup. When we moved to Mississippi, we hosted a party because we wanted to say thank you to the friends who had been kind. For the first couple of years we had the party at a Mexican restaurant. Then we started to use the Yacht Club. We have always invited our friends and their children. Last evening I hosted the party at the Yacht Club. Last year I was not able to have the party due to Covid so many of the children I have not seen for those two years. In the past, I have asked the children where they prefer to have the party and they always vote for The Yacht Club so from now on, I will stay there. For me, it is close to my home and Christina just stops to pick me up, so it is easy. And the facilities are excellent. Every year I select a different menu, usually better than the last, Definately, the food last night was the best. Wonderful appitizers and carving stations of beef tenderloin and ham for dinner along with vegetables and a Greek salad. Little squares for dessert. The party was lovely. And I was pleased. The Christmas celebrations have begun.

No comments: