Friday, December 3, 2021

December 3, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. A Splendid Day.

Today was exactly the same as a good summer day in Nova Scotia. The sun was shining with not a cloud in the sky. The tempersture was 75 degrees. And this was December 3rd. My neighbor and I went out for lunch, something we planned a month ago. We decided that due to the weather, we would eat at a restaurant with outdoor seating overlooking the reservoir. The place we selected was fairly new, across the spillway and a place I had only been to once. But Donna and her husband had dined there many times but always by boat. The restaurant has a large dock area so when they were boating or fishing, they came to that reataurant for lunch. During the Covid when restaurants had no indoor seating, they put tables up and down the large dock area so people could be distanced from everyone, which I thought was clever. The menu today was interesting so I will want to return. My lunch was delicious. But the best part was that I brough home with me an avacado stuffed with frest tuna, which I ate at supper time. Hit the spot. My day got started with coffee with friend Greta Barbour at 8:30. She intended to go Christmas shopping today so she started her day with me by bringing two cups of coffee, which we both enjoyed. I always like her company. That was a perfect way to begin my splendid day.

No comments: