Wednesday, December 8, 2021

December 8, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Lists.

December must be the mother lode for lists. Starting on December 1 and ending on January 1, the lists seem endless. Just when the first list has been completed, another one is just behind. And with a trip in the middle, the lists are doubled. Both the Christians and Jews confront a daunting list of things to do in December. I have finished my list for Christmas. My cards are ready to mail. The bags and gifts for the grandchildren are ready. I took the gifts to the Texas family to Packmail and they are gone. I have given nuts to my friends and the gifts to my neighbors are ready to be delivered. Kashina will deliver them on Monday. I order food for both families and they have been ordered with some things already delivered. When Wendy and Ken visited me this summer, I sent birthday and christmas gifts back with them in their car to Ontario for my family. The Christmas gifts need to be put into bags. No Christmas bags could be found this summer in Liverpool. But my Christmas lists are complete. Now I must work on getting ready to go to Ontario. I leave in a week, on December 15, so I have time to complete my lists. I do better if I collect my belongings early. The day before travel is difficult for me. So far I have set out my small case plus backpack. And I am trying to decide whether or not to take a case for books and magazines. I set it out. I have clothes in Ontario and I have clothes in Mexico so all I need to take with me will be medications, and necessary items while in Ontario. I have a beaver coat in Ontario. And Wendy has ordered me boots. My list is not too long. I already set out the Canadian and Mexicam money. Tomorrow I will have a pedicure, which is on my list. And today Kashina picked up my prescriptions. I am coming along nicely. I still must have a covid test, which will be done on Sunday. At the beginning of December, thinking of wht needs to be done can be overwhelming but only if you look at all the lists. My solution is to only look at what needs to be done today. Then bit by bit, I peck away at my tasks. So far this month I am doing well. Now I must put out my bathing suit because I just realized they were not on my list. Oops.

No comments: