Thursday, December 2, 2021

December 2, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Tea With Friends.

This morning my friends Eleanor and Jim came to visit. Yesterday afternoon Eleanor texted to ask if they could come for coffee at 10:00 on Thursday. Jim was not working today so he wanted to come too which pleased me. I had seen Eleanor since my return in October but I had not yet seen Jim. Coming to see me is an act of kindness. They live in the country so just getting here makes for a 45 minute drive. It turned out that we did not drink coffee. Jim had had his fill of coffee already and Eleanor joined me with a cup of tea, using a pod to make the English Breakfast tea. I had set out a variety of nuts but we ate not a thing. They brought a beautiful large poinsettia which now looks perfect on the hearth. It was the first of the season and will probably be my last as I leave on December 15. All we did was talk. It was Eleanor who first suggested I ask Chris to take me for my excursions so they wanted to know where we had gone. So I gave them a blow by blow. And they were not up to speed with my health so I needed to bring them up to date. We talked about the Christmas music, which I will not be able to attend due to my immune system. And finally we talked about their four children. They stayed until 12:30. I enjoyed their company for sure. Before I leave town, I have been invited to their house so I can see their home decorated for Christmas. We just must make a date. My friends indulge me by visiting. And I am grateful.

No comments: