Thursday, December 30, 2021

December 30, 2021. Ancaster, Ontario. Roomba.

I have heard about them and I have read about them but I have never seen them in action until this afternoon. Wendy has one. And she actually uses it all the time. It is a robot vacuum cleaner and it actually works. This clever little piece of business seem to know where it has been and where it is going next. While i was sitting reading in the family room, Roomba cleaned the room, going all over both the carpet and the hard wood floor. Once it had wandered the whole room several times, it went into the kitchen to do its job. Then onto the dining room. Somehow or another, Roomba knows not to go down the basement stairs and i have no idea why. The little machine keeps going until it runs out of battery, or when the job is completed. It also stops if it gets stuck. When it is finished vacuuming the rooms, it returns to home base to be stored, all by itself. But the machine is not perfect. It can not fit under most chairs. And Wendy complained today that the kitchen was not properly cleaned so she swept the kitchen floor herself. The room where I was sitting got three times the room but when it was in the kitchen I could only hear it running a short time. And it gets stuck under chests. But Wendy only needs a cleaning service once a month because Roomba vacuums each week. I have no idea how it works but now at least I have seen it in action. Roomba is a remarkable bit of business and certainly helpful for anyone who needs to keep a house clean. Beats vacuuming yourself even if Roomba is not perfect. But for me, I will stick with my cleaning lady. i am old fashioned I guess.

No comments: