Monday, December 13, 2021

December 13, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Papers.

In order to get into Canada you must have papers. Multiple papers. The same with Mexico. On Sunday I took a Covid test. Christina made an appointment at a private site just for Covid tests. So first we made the appointment which was for 1:05 on Sunday. First I registered and paid my money. $165. They guarantee results within 24 hours, which I could get on their portal or pick up a hard copy after they call with the results. This morning, when doing errands with Kashina, we stopped in to get the hard copy. They were efficient and I was pleased. You must also be sure to carry your vacination paper when entereing Canada. If you have not been vacinated you must isolate for 14 days. I carry my vacination card with me in my purse so I am set with that. And you must receive permission from the givernment of Canada. Christina ordered on line to receive the official papers authorizing me to visit Canada. She looked up ArriveCan and filled out the form with ALL the necessary information. I was told that they only issue the papers three days prior to the travel day. For that we paid some money. I did not receive any papers so today I started looking and discovered that we had been scammed. The Canadian government does not charge for the papers. Some company pretending to be the government takes all the information, takes your $65. but never provides the papers because they are not part of the government. It is a scam. This evening, Wonderful Wendy was able to input my information to the real government web site and now my paper is on the printer downstairs. I will retrieve it tomorrow. Christina is upset that she fell for a scam. But there was nothing to tell you anything that seemed suspicious. Neither of us knew about the charges. I am disputing the charge with my credit card. Now I think I have my papers in order. I watched a bit of a show about police states, showing all the papers required for everything. Pictures could be seen from movies taken in East Germany, Russia and other iron curtain contries. Interesting how similar we all look.

No comments: