Wednesday, December 22, 2021

December 22, 2021. Ancaster, Ontario. Travel Woes.

I left and arrived on time but during that time, I encountered three issues that could have caused me grief. Fortunately, all went well and disaster was avoided. 1. When going through security, the man pushing my wheelchair Bruce, took my computer, i pad and cell phone in a bin along with my glasses and pen. On the other side, he gave me everything. I put my phone, glasses and pen in my pocket. Bruce put my computer and i pad in my backpack. and he left me at my gate. I was about to take out my i pad but instead, I received a text so I removed my phone and discovered that the screen had changed. It turned out that Bruce had switched phones. I now was unable to do anything. Bruce had just come on duty and after a couple of phone calls to Bruce from kind people at a food stand, he returned my phone and all was well. 2. In Charlotte, waiting to board the plane, a group arrived to check our credentials. All passengers were required to provide the Covid test and the Arrive Can form. Evidently, my test was just a few hours to be legal so the official told me that I needed to leave the airport and get another test. That would have been a nightmare. I suggested that as I was a Canadian and had a Canadian passport, I could take the test in Toronto. They were happy at that point and stamped my boarding pass. And all was well. 3. I was in my hotel room at the ALT hotel. It was late and I was tired but I wanted to put away my passports from my pockets. I could not find my Canadian passport. I looked everywhere. I called the man who checked me in to ask if he had forgotten to give it back to me. He assured me that he gave it back to me. And he told me to slow down and to look carefully, treating me as a child. So I did. The lighting in the ALT hotels are poor so I turned on my phone light and sure enough. I found the Passport on the floor, just below where I removed my sweater. Onc again, all was well. My trip was uneventful, except for thos three near disasters. I left on time and I arrived on time. All was well.

No comments: