Sunday, December 5, 2021

December 5, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Birthday Celebrations.

Tomorrow is my birthday. I will turn 84. Today we celebrated at our family brunch by eating at Manships Restaurant, perhaps the best restaurant in Jackson. Kate, Mary Frances, Molly and Christine were all in the mood to celebrate and celebrate we did. They serve an appitizer complete with smoked salmon, nuts, avacado and a few other things. Ususally we order one , but today we ordered two. And we ate the whole thing. Now that is called celebrating. And after eating our main meals, we ate dessert. It is not often you turn 84. In life, the little things often bring the greatest pleasure and being together with the girls beaming with joy certainly gave me great pleasure. Christina brings me home after brunch. Today we took Molly home to study and to pick up my birthday gift. Christina made the first cranberry cake for thanksgiving at the farm when Kate was 4 and Mary Frances was a baby. Christina has been making that cranberry cake for me every year. The cake is delicious and I like it very much. Also she helped me with several things that were difficult for me. And she did them all. I appreciate Christina's competance and I appreciate her willingness to help. This hour attending to my requests was another birthday gift. The celebrations have not ended. Tomorrow Linda Creath is coming for coffee. And I will have lunch with Lisa at the Strawberry Cafe. Nifty turning 84.

No comments: