Monday, December 6, 2021

December 6, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. My Birthday.

Today is the most important day of my life. It was the day I was born. I was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada because my parents were in charge of the Dovercourt Corps of The Salvation Army. Evidently, I was an easy baby, which is often the way with a third child. My father called me sunshine. Now, 84 years later, I am an easy adult. And I retain my sunny disposition, which has been a great blessing all my life. Today was a splendid day. My friend Linda came to visit me this morning at 10:30, to help me celebrate and to drink a cup of tea. Next I went out for lunch with friend Lisa. We ate at a Greek restaurant new to me. Great food and good conversation. Lisa both picked me up and drove me home. First thing this morning, Kashina and I drove to Packmail, to send the Texas Christmas gifts On the way home we stopped at Walgreen pharmacy where Kashina selected the last gifts for the Mississippi bag of goodies. Teresa my cleaning lady cleaned the house, which on a birthday is a real treat. The rest of the day I either talked on the phone to the important people in my life or I read e mails and texts. Modern communication is a real joy. So my day has been lovely and I have gotten to enjoy being 84. So far so good.

No comments: