Thursday, April 14, 2022

April 14, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Simple Pleasures.

It was last week when the baseball season bagan for 2022. It was not this week. But being able to watch a bit of a baseball game gives me pleasure. Last evening I watched the end of the game between the Yankees and the Blue Jays. The Blue Jays won, which gives me added pleasure. Soon the hockey playoffs will begin. There are just a few games left in the regular season. The opening rounds are great with lots of games going on and many top teams not winning. I predict that Tampa Bay will not win this year. They have won two Stanley Cups in a row. If I were a betting person I might put my money on the Florida Panthers. Boston looks good too. But no matter what happens, I will enjoy the games. Those games will give me pleasure. Today I received a phone call from my friend Peppy. I get great pleasure when my friends call. I often think that if friends knew how pleased I was with their call they would call me more often. But mostly I call my friends. But when a friend unexpectatly calls me out of the blue for no reason except to say hello, I am just delighted. Those calls are one of the simple pleaures of my life.

No comments: