Friday, April 8, 2022

April 8, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. High Heels.

In China, many many hundreds of years ago, women of high class, when young, had their feet bound, to make their feet amall, which at the time was thought of as desirable. The result was that the ladies were unable to walk properly. When we read about that practice, we realize that the practice was ridiculous. And we correctly understand that the practice was harmful to the ladies. I always thought it barbaric. But now I look at the young ladies on TV who wear very high heels. If you watch the ladies on the hockey channel, you can see that only a tiny part of their foot hits the floor. Their heels are so high and their heels so thin that they can barely stand, let alone walk around. I do not understany why these attractive young women wear such horribly uncomfortable shoes. These high heels are bad for their feet too. Many years ago, I listened to a discussion on the radio about equality for women in the work force. One man mentioned that until a woman can walk as quickly as a man down a hall, they would never be treated seriously. I agreed with that comment and immediately threw out all my shoes that had heels. But my opinion on heels is not popular. But I do not like them. I know I know. Grls think their feet look better in high heels. But a foot was designed to put the whole foot on the floor, not a tiny bit of the front of the foot. So I am opposed to the wearing of those spike heels. But I am in the minority. Most people like them. But not me!!

No comments: