Friday, April 22, 2022

April 22, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Unexpected Events.

I ususlly try to plan events throughout the week just to keep me happy and involved. But on Monday this week, I looked at my calender and showed absolutely nothing written. "What was I thinking," I said to myself. I was looking at a full week of absolutely nothing. I know that being totally alone for long periods of time is not a good idea. All the books tell you. In addition, for the past two weeks, Kashina was not working on Wednesday so I really would have been alone all week. But then things started happening. Kashine texted me on Tuesday to ask if she could work on Wednesday. And I said yes. I made her a whole long list of activities for the day. My physical therapist came in the afternoon too. And we both enjoyed the morning. On Thursday I received 4 phone calls from friends which broke up my day. I enjoyed talking with them which filled up my day. Then in the afternoon, my friend Greta Barbour texted me to ask if she could come for coffee at 9:00. I said yes. My physical therapist called to see if she could come at 11:30. I said yes. And she came the next morning, which all happened today. I asked friend Lisa if she could come out with me for lunch on Saturday and she said yes. We will start our lunch with oysters at Sal&Phils. And she will drive me home. And finally, Christina and I talked to discover that Molly will be able to go out for brunch on Sunday, something I missed the past two weeks when Molly was getting over surgery. I am happy with that. So all of a sudden, my calender is full and I will enjoy a wonderful week. You just never know what might be just around the corner.

No comments: