Thursday, April 28, 2022

April 28, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Progress.

Try this test yourself. For 10 seconds, or maybe it is 30, I must count how many times I am able to sit and stand with my arms crossed on my chest and using a sturdy wooden chair. Today I could do 13 which was better than three weeks ago when I did 10.. So I have made progress with my physical therapy. Beth reported that my improvement was great with the balance tests. Beth, my physical therapist, is required to make me take a test, to see if any progress has been made. This is the third time I have taken the same test. And every time I have gotten better. Beth has been working on my legs and my balance. The first time she had me do balance skills I could not even do the exercises without holding on to something. Now at lease I can pass some of the tests for balance which pleased me. For instance, I can close my eyes for 30 seconds without holding on to anything. The first time I tried it I could not do it at all. I still am unable to perform several of the exercises for balance but mostly I can at least do them for a second or two. The first time Beth came to the house to put me through my paces I thought that the exercises for my legs were whimpy. But the day after the session, my legs hurt, so I decided that she knew more than me. She comes twice a week and i do the same excercises a third time in the week. The exercises are easy to do so I will be able to continue them when I leave. I am not surprised my balance has improved because I started from low baseline. But I am pleased. My balance is still terrible but at least I am showing progress. Hats off to Beth.

No comments: