Monday, April 25, 2022

April 25, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Thermostats.

Finally, I turned all three thermostats from heat to cool. Ever since I arrived home, I have kept the thermostats on heat because at night the temperature drops and every so often the heat comes on. But mostly I hear no noise from the heating fans. I mostly live with no machines. In Nova Scotia the windows are open during the day and at night I just close some windows. Of course, we have no air conditioning. All summer, I live without heat most of the time. In Mexico, it is the reverse. We have no heat in the condo. The first year we were there, it was a bit chilly and neither Ken nor I could make the system work. Each room has a control for heat or cool. So I called the front desk. They just laughed. The condo has no heat. And the temperature outside is pleasant so we do not use the airconditioning. We merely keep the big doors open to the air, which I like. But yesterday was 84 outside and muggy so I got brave and turned all three thermostats to cool, where it will stay. It took me a couple of hours to get the temperatures to the correct number but finaly, all is well in my home. The humidity has gone and now I am like Goldylocks:"My house is not too cold or not to hot but is just right". I am not turned the thermostats back to heat even if the evenings get cool. I am subborn. Once I turn the swith to cool, I will not turn back, until next October. I have my rules!!

No comments: