Tuesday, April 5, 2022

April 5, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Maryland Crab Soup.

On the menu in most rstaurants in Maryland can be found Maryland Crab Soup. The soup is different and delicious in each restaurant. So we took to always ordering Maryland Crab Soup in all restaurants. We loved eating that soup. Today at lunch I ate Maryland Crab Soup in my home. Several years ago I started to send crab cakes and the soup to my families in Texas and Mississippi from a company in Maryland. David especially loved the smell of the soup. "The soup smells like Maryland," said David. Last year I got smart and sent myself two containers of the soup, which I have enjoyed. Today was the last serving of the soup. And it was delicious. The same is true with tortilla soup in Mexico. Every restaurant served it on the menu. And every soup is good. But every serving is different. I know the ingredients are the same, but the soup just comes out different in each restaurant. Just like Maryland Crab Soup in Maryland. Always delicious and always different. It was nostalia day for me today in Mississippi, enjoying my Maryland past. That soup was wonderful.

No comments: