Monday, April 18, 2022

April 18, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Gospel Songs.

I was born and raised singing gospel songs. Salvation Army kids sing. On the way to music camp in British Columbia on the boat we sang. Other passengers on the boat would sit and listen. And of course, we all sang in harmony. So I like singing gospel songs. I sing in my head when I am walking. But for a long time I did not hear much singing. But I now live in Mississippi and I am able to hear gospel singing on the television. And I love to listen those beautiful old hymns. The Rural channel plays an hour of sining on Saturday at 5:00. I was not aware, but there is a large group of professional gospel singers. These folks is good and that is who I hear on RTF. I almost always miss listening because of the time. I am usually busy doing something else than watching TV at that time. But sometimes I put it on when I walk. But at 7:00 on Saturday evening an individual or a group are featured on PBS. I try not to miss the hour. This is just another reasons why I enjoy living in Mississippi. I am able to listen to gospel songs on the television which is a reminder of my happy youth.

No comments: