Tuesday, October 3, 2023

October 2, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Quite a Night.

 Monday morning I had an appointment with Dr. Gregg.  She was alarmed because she thought I looked weary.  And she read the results of my blood counts she called my Oncologist who was also alarmed so they decided I should go to the ER for further testing .  Dr. Sheehan thought I would be admitted for further tests.  My potassium and sodium counts were out of whack and my liver function was not good.  So Chris my Lift driver took me to the ER along with David.

It took us over 2 hours in the waiting room but eventually I was in the ER on a gurney, while I began a series of testis.  I sent David home with Chris.  I had blood drawn again.  And had a CAT scan.  And they ran a urine sample.  Of course, all these tests took ages.  Eventually I met with the ER Doctor to review my tests.  He was not so alarmed by the blood counts and the radiologist compared the CAT scan with my last PET scan which showed little difference.

So he sent me home at $:00.  There was nothing to treat me in the hospital.  I woke Chris up to take me home where I got a few hours sleep.  So I had an adventurous but uncomfortable evening.  But now I am home and really need to recover.  And David too.  

No comments: