Tuesday, October 24, 2023

October 24, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. PET Scan.

 As expected, my scan yesterday was terrible.  The breast cancer has spread to the long bones as well as my pelvis.  And lots more in my back, which is why my back hurts so much.  Also the ribs.  So I could have gone back on chemo which would sent my glucose levels souring again.  Along with that with would have all the diabetic medicines.  

Instead, I have decided to let nature takes its tome and I receive no further treatment.  No more chemo.  No more scans.  Instead my geriatric doctor  will register me for hospice where they will check up with me once a week until I need more care.  I have already arranged for my helper to help me from 8 to 8 every day.

Unfortunately I will be unable to go to the Birthday  celebrations in December.  Nor will I make Mexico for the winter.  Instead I will be snug in my Mississippi home.  I am pleased with my decision.  Now I will enjoy myself.  

No comments: