Tuesday, October 3, 2023

October 3, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. New Beginnings.

 I have two new workers in my life in Mississippi.  I have used the same cleaning service for years but this year a new lady was sent to clean my house.  And I like her.  Today was her first day.  Elena cleaned the downstairs too and David reported that the place was as clean as a whistle.  The upstairs was well cleaned too.  She is little and cute and has 4 children so I know she needs a job.  She was pleasant and efficient.  And I was pleased with her work and her attitude.

Portia was a difficult act to follow.  But she is back at school so Sitters Inc. sent me a new helper, Marlene.    She is from Belgium and moved to the US just 5 years ago and to Mississippi three years ago.  She is certainly a different helper but she is kindly and caring and hard working.    She is learning the ropes here at my house.  The good thing is that she is happy to take David to take places in Jackson.  David is reluctant to drive with all the traffic here.  Tomorrow, Marlene will take David to visit the Science Museum in Jackson, al place I have visited many times.    It is difficult to know how I will enjoy her because David is here talking to us both.  But she is smart and she works hard.  I am pleased to have her as my helper but I still miss Portia.

I am pleased with my two new workers.  Once again, I feel fortunate.

No comments: