Sunday, October 8, 2023

October 8, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Sal & Phils.

 I do like that funky little restaurant.   The place has not changed since they opened the place, Many years ago.. I had warned David before we went for brunch today, but even with a warning David commented when we were walking to our table that this place is a bit tattered.  And it is.  But the food is delicious so we continue to go there.

The first thing we do upon arrival is that we order oysters on the half shel.  And we devour the 2 dozen oysters.  They are always big and succulent.  Then we order our food.  The first time upon I arrive from Nova Scotia I order their gumbo.  After a summer of eating good but bland food in Nova Scotia, I am ready for some good New Orleans food.  Christina order their boiled shrimp that she peels herself.  Mollu too.  Both David and Mary Frances ate snapper which they reported was delicious.  So now I have my first taste of gumbo.  And I enjoyed every bite.  

No comments: