Friday, October 6, 2023

October 6, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. An Outing for David.

 Chris, My Lyft driver took David on an excursion today.  David enjoyed himself thoroughly.  They left at 9 and returned at 5.  Happy as clams.  Chris took David to Vicksburg.  This was the first time that David had seen the Mississippi River.  They did everything they could do in Vicksburg.  Twice they drove across the bridge into Louisiana.  Every time was thrilling, said David.  And he walked along the river both down close to the river and also on the bluffs at the top.

And of course they toured the battlefield and cemetery along with all the impressive monuments.  He saw the boat with the paddle wheel too.  They drove through the seedy and the good parts of Vicksburg.  They ate lunch at a restaurant in downtown, favored by Chris.  

I stayed home and spent the day with my new helper, who is definitely a keeper.  At the end of the day we were both happy.  David had a wonderful outing and I found my new helper, who I like.  Hurrah for us.  

No comments: