Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 16, 2012. Jackson, Mississippi. Fat.

How did it happen?    My recollect is that  the ladies in my family were thin.  My Mother was never overweight  nor was my aunt.  Certainly my grandmother was very thin.  But somehow or another,  I became fat.   This was pointed out to me by my Cardiologist, Dr. Cotton, who is pencil thin and looks sixteen years old.

Now he was polite.  He is from Mississippi after all, but he pointed out to me that I weigh too much.  Furthermore, he also suggested that I know everything I need to know in order to get rid of the fat, so he would not bore me with the details.  I appreciated the lack of a lecture on food because it bores me to death.

Now, I have visited four Doctors since I have been to Jackson, the Internist, the Opthamologist, the Dermatologist and the Cardiologist.   No one mentioned my weight, just commented that I looked great.   Dr. Cotton was the only one who told me the truth.   Now I must return to my pattern and eliminate sugar and pretend that it is poison to me.  In a year, I return to Dr. Cotton.  He will still be thin.  It remains to be seen if he will be pleased with my fat level next year.

No comments: