Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21, 2012. Jackson, Mississippi. My Phone.

It has cost me $45. to obtain a new phone.  My old phone is dead.  I did not even recall that I had purchased insurance on my phone.  The pleasant lady at the Verizon store assured me that the best thing to me to do was to make a claim on my insurance.  I of course, told her that I was not going to use my home owners insurance for the phone.  She looked at me as if I was nuts and she informed me that I had insurance on the phone but I would have to pay the deductible, which turned out to be $45.  I was delighted.

She called the insurance company and told her of my claim.  In ten minutes, it was done.  The new phone will arrive tomorrow via courier, with instructions to activate the phone.

Ken and I remembered, after the fact, that we could have done the whole thing on line from home.  Ken ran over his phone several years ago and he needed a new phone.  A new phone was sent the next day to him.  But we forgot.  It is a wonderful world.  Now my fingers are crossed as to whether or not my contacts can be transferred to my new phone.   Always something else to worry about!!

No comments: