Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May 29, 2012. Artemas, Pa. Downton Abbey.

I don't know how we missed it, but we did...until now.   The series was published in 2010 on PBS Master Piece Theater, and again in 2011.   Dave and Irene have given us the original UK edition  of both series .  We are enjoying them immensely.   It is just like the old Upstairs Downstairs but better.

Kate and Mary Frances have already seen them all but they are loving them too and keep giving us hints as to what is going to happen next.  As I often read the end of a story, I kind of enjoy being told what will happen next and I think the girls like to tell me.   Every evening after dinner we troop downstairs and watch the next part of the story.  Sometimes we watch two sections in a row.

Today when we were in Bedford, Ken wondered if we should buy the next part of Downton Abbey but I had to tell him that series three is now being filmed so we must wait.  For now, we will watch Series two and enjoy every minute.  But I must say that the Grandmother has been given the best lines!!

No comments: