Thursday, May 17, 2012

May 17, 2012. Jackson, Mississippi. Swimming.

This afternoon, for the first time this season, Ken and I went to the swimming pool in the condominium complex.   Ken actually got into the water!!   The pool is beautifully set, right along side the reservoir and it is a so called infinity pool so when you are in the water, you can look out to the lake with no barrier between you and the lake.  It is a lovely setting.

Today was warm and sunny, so we went to swim and found ourselves alone.  It was just like having our own backyard pool.  I did my exercises in the deep end while Ken bounced around. After we sat and enjoyed the lake, Ken went back to the condo while I read by the pool.  Soon, a young man came up the stairs from the lower deck, wearing only his bathing suit, but looking like a Greek God.  He was young and tanned and muscular.  What a surprise.  He must have been laying flat on a lounge chair out of my sight, getting his tan.  As he left, he said goodbye but I wanted to ask why he was sitting by the pool in the middle of the afternoon.  But I was speechless, which does not happen very often.  I don't often get to see a Greek God.

No comments: