Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May 23, 2012. Jackson, Mississippi. The Miracle.

The young man told me that it was a pleasure to help me, but I really wanted to give him a big kiss on his cheek.  What he did was a miracle.  He took my old dead phone and moved all my contact numbers over to my new phone.   I went into the Verizon store and he asked to help me.  His response was quick.  "If I can power up your old phone, I will transfer the data."   The first thing he did was to transfer the battery from my new phone to the old phone.  Then he turned it on and walked away without saying a thing.  But he smiled.

I started to look at new phones, just to keep myself busy.  It seemed a long time but was probably five minutes when he returned with my new phone with all the contact numbers installed.   The astonishment showed on my face.   I asked him how much I owed him and he said "You owe me nothing.  It was a pleasure to help you."  That was when I wanted to give him a hug.  It was a modern miracle.

Actually, a system exists whereby you keep your contacts on the computer.  Then, you can transfer the data yourself.  I was behind the curve but I got lucky.  The phone was only in the water a minute.  Whew.

No comments: