Friday, December 18, 2015

December 18, 2015. Madison, Ms. Our Cuban Cook.

Lourdes came to the US from Cuba so of course she cooks Cuban food.   Ken commented the other day that he never expected at age 79 to be eating Cuban food.   Nor did I.  In addition both she and Chantes are keenly interested in eating healthy food so they want us to eat and drink special foods.  And they want us to drink what we make in the Nutribullet.  Every day I am supposed to mix up my drink consisting of vegetables and fruit and seeds, along with water.  Sometimes Ken will have a drink and sometimes not.  I always drink one while Lourdes is here but I do not make one every day.  But I don't tell her.  She is trying to be helpful and I do not wish to interfere.

This afternoon she came to cook for three hours.   She leaves several dishes for us to eat over the next week.   We like the system.  We eat lots of rice and beans and vegetables and very little meat and fish.  And she always makes a large salad.   We just peck away at the food in the fridge she had left.  Today for lunch we ate soup she had made the last time she was here and for supper we ate fish and salad, again, the fish had been made last week and the salad she made this afternoon.  She enjoys looking after us and we do too.  

When she goes shopping for us she always buys health food stuff, always buying organic fruits and vegetables and meat.  She has not noticed or perhaps has not commented but I just buy regular stuff.  Her English is poor and I can not really tell her what I think about the organic business so she shops and I shop and we do not communicate about it.   She is happy.  So am I.  Ken likes it the best because he no longer needs to cook at all, so he never complains about the Cuban food.

No comments: