Saturday, December 5, 2015

December 5, 2015. Madison, Ms. The Party.

Once upon a time, many years ago, I went through the whole day without anyone remembering it was my birthday.  I decided that it was no fun so I changed tactics and  began to plan a party around my birthday, which is December 6.  I did not make it a birthday party for me.  It was just organized as an event to begin the holiday season.   Sometimes we would have a dinner party at home and sometimes we would have a party at a restaurant.  They were always festive and fun.   Even though I might be the only one who knew I was celebrating my birthday, I was still happy.

Since living in Jackson,  we have been inviting our friends and their children for dinner to a Mexican restaurant.  Last evening we celebrated at Sombro.  We served fajitas so the children could help themselves whenever they were hungry, which they liked.  The evening was relaxed and enjoyable. Both adults and children seemed to get into the spirit of the holiday season.  It is always interesting to watch the children sit together.  Immediately as they arrive, they take up their tables and without anyone saying anything, the newly arrived children join in the children's tables, even though no one has said a word.  The food was excellent and the company top drawer, which makes for a good party.  And the best part was that Ken and I had no clean up at the end.   We both enjoyed the company and the food.  And I celebrated my birthday in style.

No comments: