Wednesday, December 2, 2015

December 2, 2015. Madison, Ms. The Eye Doctor.

Dr. Kosek is young.  And he is unfailingly optimistic and enthusiastic.  The Eye Doctor in Fredericksburg was also young but he was a hand wringer.  The sky was always falling, and specifically, my eyes were not doing right.  Dr. Cone thought my glaucoma was getting worse and I needed surgery, which I could not have,  due to my blood counts.

Then we moved back to Mississippi.  Dr. Kosek told me to switch to a brand new eye drop twice a day.  The medication was newly approved for the market.  He first gave me three trial bottles to be sure it would help my pressures.  Much to my great surprise, when I was examined by Dr. Kosek today to check my pressures, my levels were 14, which is as low as they ever get.  A miracle has occurred.  A modern medical miracle.  Now a prescription is waiting for me at the drug store which I will use for the next four months, when I will once again visit the good doctor in Mississippi.

My drill is two types of eye drops twice each day, making it four drops plus a different drop for bedtime.  I can do this!!

No comments: