Thursday, December 3, 2015

December 3, 2015. Madison, Ms. Our Neighborhood.

Most every day I walk around our new neighborhood, but I never see a soul.  There are never any signs of life at the houses.  No children are ever seen in the yards.   Each home is different so it is interesting to look at each house, but it appears to be a neighborhood devoid of people.  I know that is not true because I see cars coming and going and I see cars parked in the driveways but if I depended on my neighbors for my social life I would be out of luck.

We are only living in our home part of the year and we think many other people are in the same situation.  Our immediate neighbors spend 6 months in North Carolina and it is obvious many others have similar patterns.  Most homes were built 25 years ago so many of the original owners will still be here and will be old, so don't work around their yard.  The younger folks both work so are gone all day.  When we moved here in the Spring, our across the street neighbors sent over a full dinner to welcome us to the neighborhood, which was a lovely gesture.  I have not seen any of them since.  Even though they are very pleasant and friendly, their social calendar is full.

One really good aspect of living in Roses Bluff is the quiet.  No dogs are ever in the road. and there are few cars.  The only sound we hear is the companies doing maintenance on the yards.  Nobody and I mean nobody does their own yard, including us, so I see workmen when I walk but I never see anyone who lives here.  Sunday evening there is a party for the neighborhood folks but Ken is not at his best in the evening and walking in the dark is difficult for both of us, so we probably will not attend.  The others will think we are unfriendly.  We like our home and we like our neighborhood but it is the most unusual place we have ever lived.

No comments: